This Tutorial will show you how to add the paint to the legs. You can find the instructions to add the fabric on the Riley Blake Fabrics Cutting Corners.
- Kitchen stool (as many as you would like)
- Protective Gloves
- Paint (I like the kind that has the primer included)
- Lacquer (I didn't add this step to the instructions because I used a brand I don't like but that that I needed to use up)
- Something to protect your surface
- Blocks to lift your kitchen stool will help keep it clean (I used a milk crate)
|Having a companion can make the time pass faster :)|
It makes it easier to paint if you sand the finish off the stool. Having the surface protected will keep the area cleaner, it also keeps the stool from getting scratched.
Make sure to wipe as much of the dust off the wood as you can. This dust will get in the way of the paint adhering to the wood properly. Plus it makes a mess everywhere. I will sweep my area just to make sure that pesky dust doesn't stick around.
Starting at the bottom paint the legs and insides first. Include the bottom of the seat. After the first coat of paint dried I went back to look for spots I missed.
There you have it! Your done.
|Adding the fabric is easy!|